The houses in Langwells Parade owed the existence to the brickworks at the eastern end of this small street. The Northcote Brickworks built eight cottages in the street around 1888. The cottages were built from second quality bricks.
At this time the brickworks were enjoying a boom and bought land on the north side of Langwells Parade to build a railway to connect the brickworks with the Epping railway line.
The railway line was later removed
Lemon, Andrew. Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne (Vic): Hargreen, 1983.
See These Related Items: Images:
Click an image to see full size in a new window.