The Church of Christ held their first services in 1902. In 1903 land was bought in High Street for a church. On Saturday 25 March 1911 a group of volunteers worked from first light to 11pm to erect the first chapel in Australia to be built in one day. The building was 65' long, 32' wide and 35' high.
Carroll, Brian and Rule, Ian. Preston: an Illustrated History. Preston: City of Preston, 1985.
See These Related Items: Images:
Click an image to see full size in a new window.