Northcote Brick Company decided to use some of its unoccupied land to build workmen's cottages. One of its directors, architect Thomas Crouch, prepared plans for a site in Robb's Parade. They may have architect designed but the brick company supplied the building contractor with its second-quality bricks, and also agreed to supply one load of whole bricks to two loads of broken bricks. The first cottages were ready in 1888, and another 8 were then built in Langwill's Parade.
Lemon, Andrew. The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne : Hargreen, 1983.
See These Related Items: Images:
Click an image to see full size in a new window.